The True Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The True Universe

This is a strange site that uses various sources like anime and game as it basis. Once you warm up to it, I'm sure you'll have fun.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Last Maiden

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2011, 5:00 am

Devin despised paper work with a vengeance. To him, he'd honestly be out doing something else then doing paperwork but it was part of the business. In particular, since the Last Maiden agency was starting to 'stretch its legs' and expand a bit, he needed to be more..business savvy. As such that meant having a crash course of financial management, bills and fun stuff with insurance. He hated the last part the most.

It had roughly been a year, and the Last Maiden had gotten back on its feet. He wasn't exactly rolling in money, and because of his nature, he did admit he probably accepted Too little at times, just to help someone out in a jam as far as supernatural matters went. So far, he hadn't as much seen a glimpse of Angel since he met her, it was like she vanished off the face of the earth.

Since chasing after girls didn't really pay the bills, and other things had cropped up he had to cut his losses and focus on the here and now. While Devin did hope he'd see her again, he wasn't exactly going to hold his breath on it.

'Damn it, I swear if I have to sign something else..'

The angel grimaced, pushing the paper work away as he leaned back into his chair. That was when he heard some shuffling, and sure enough he heard the all too familiar voice.

"Uh..its broken again.."

Devin glanced to his side, seeing a young girl with wolf ears and a tail. Kisha, was the young girls name, she lived nearby and had taken a habit of staying over for a bit.

"What do you you mean, the T.V.?"

At her nod, Devin just shrugged and went to where the offending T.V. was, in the guest room. After a few minutes of fiddling with it, he got it fixed and let her have control of the remote. From there he headed back to his desk and relaxed. Drumming his fingers across the table as the phone remained silent across it; as expected no phone calls. It was slow.

He didn't even notice anybody walk in from the echoing bell of the door, he was lost in his own world just for a moment.
Back to top Go down
https://thetrueuniverse.rpg-board.net
Namey
Admin
Namey

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2011, 10:02 pm

A young man, in his late teens earily twenties, spikey blonde hair, a cut and toned body that he hid under an old army jacket "Excuse me, are you open?" he asks "I would like to hire you to find someone for me." he says in an even tone.
Back to top Go down
Admin

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2011, 10:07 pm

Devin looked up from his spot, sure enough he had a customer waiting so he got himself up to look a bit more professional. They seemed to be around his age from the looks of things, and human. Then again you could never tell considering the fact so many races looked just that.

"We're open."
Devin said to the newcomer. "As for finding someone, you'd have to give me a bit more detail and we can work something out. I'm not that expensive." Partly because Devin didn't believe in overcharging to help people out, but he Had to make a living somehow, he just wasn't going to charge them a arm and a leg for his business. Why not put his skills to use?
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2011, 11:07 pm

The man shakes his head "Price isn't an issue." he says as he takes out a picture pretty Blonde Girl "Her name's Wendy Galford. I would like you to find her for me." he says "She's my twin sister." he mumbles "I would like you to find her, but don't approach her. Becareful when tracking her, she has special training that gives her an edge when spotting people following her." he warns.
Back to top Go down
Admin

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2011, 4:36 am

Devin found there was a lot more to this being let on. He made it a habit not to poke around in peoples business, but he did like to get information of what the job was. From the sounds of things, he made it sound like she was dangerous.

The angel took a notepad, a pen and began jolting stuff down; he'd get it to computer later on file. "Okay, a few things. I need an idea of what kind of training because you made it sound like she's potentially dangerous in her own way. It's pretty standard I get an idea of what I would be getting into."

He put a few other things down. "That out the way, am I simply finding where she is and then telling you she is okay like a missing person case?" Devin ripped a paper from the notepad, getting a slightly worn pen and putting it on the table. "I'm gonna need some contact information too, obviously."
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 27th 2011, 10:16 pm

The man nods "She is. To herself and others. She can sence the life energy of people around her, so if she knows your kind of energy, she'll be on the lookout for you." he says "Also, her main style of training, is Iga Ninjutsu. That'll give her the skill to find you, if she feels she's being followed." he explains "That's why I don't want you confronting her and if she sees you, she'll catch you, so be Very careful when tailing her." he warns "She's Not a violent person, but i feel that she's very depressed. So that might make her prone to...irrational behavior." he says as he tales out a care and sets it down "You can reach me at that number, day or night." he says. The card was simple 'Will Galford. Cell: 0-5-5-5-#+* '.
Back to top Go down
Admin

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2011, 1:13 am

Devin was thinking for a moment. There was something that wasn't fitting with all this. "Okay. So let me make sure I get this right. You want me to find your sister but don't confront her, does that mean she's running away from you? Because I'd think normally mentioning you as her twin would be enough for her to go ahead and get back into contact with you. Then you mentioned trailing her. So is it you're wanting me to follow her around to keep a eye on her, or is it simply finding her, calling you to let you know where she is, and if you get a hold of her, call it a day?"

One of things in his business, you didn't ask for a clients life story(some were touchy more so then others) but you did need a general idea of things. "And where does she usually hang out at?"
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2011, 1:42 am

The man called Will raises an eyebrow "Running away?" he asks, sounding slightly confused "I don't want you to confront her for your safety. As for where she hangs out at, I don't know. That's why I'm here, asking to hire you to find her." he points out "If I knew where she was, I would go myself. But I don't. This is where you and your company come in."
Back to top Go down
Admin

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2011, 6:17 am

Devin was going to clarify a bit of what he meant, but then decided that part wasn't important for now. "All right. When's the last time you've seen her in person?"
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 28th 2011, 2:04 pm

The man called Will thinks for bit "The last I saw her inperson, was when I was going to visit my adopted dads grave. She was there, crying to looked like, I started to head over to her, then she took off." he explains "I figured she wanted some time to be by herself, and that was the last I had seen her." he finishes as he writes something down "Here's the address of the graveyard and where my dad's grave is, if it helps." he offers.
Back to top Go down
Admin

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2011, 8:51 am

Devin took it. "Okay, I'll see what I can do then." We'll, this was going to be a pain, he didn't even know where they lived at. "Anything else?"
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2011, 3:05 pm

The man called Will shakes his head "Nothing comes to mind." he says "Would you have any business cards?" he asks "That way if I recall something, I can give you a call." he suggests "But I'm sure that you know as much as I do." he falls silent "She Did mention something about a place called 'Hyrule' when we finally met back up. Not sure where that is though. Maybe you'll have better luck then I have." he mumbles "Remember, find her, don't confront and call me. Stay with her until I get there and then I'll take over from there and then we can talk about payment and services rendered." he says "If there are no more questions..." he holds out his hand to shake Devin's "I truely wish you the best of luck."
Back to top Go down
Admin

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 29th 2011, 11:23 pm

Devin shook his hand. "I heard about it before, but no idea where it is so I'll a friend of mine about it." Mainly it had been one of the 'places to avoid' after hearing some of the stories about it. But you couldn't really judge some place unless you've been there yourself, so he'd see himself.
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2011, 12:56 am

The man called Will nods to Devin "Thank you. I hope you find her." he says as he walks to the front door "I'll keep in touch." he says, then walks out. As the man called Will walks out of view of the Last Maiden and smerks, then walks into the darkness of an alley.
Back to top Go down
Admin

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2011, 2:00 am

Devin watched the man leave, not really suspecting anything out of place at the moment when it was suppose to be his thing to notice. The one thing that bothered him was 'not to confront her'. If she wasn't a violent problem and he was just going to say her brother was looking for her, then what was the problem?

No. Something was off about that.

Only thing was, he wasn't sure what or if he was looking too deeply into things.

"Hey."

The angel looked up, seeing Veronica, grease and other stuff on her clothes she most of came back from the garage. "You okay? Kinda spaced out."

Devin shrugged. "Nothing, just thinking about something. Have you ever heard of a place called Hyrule? I mean, how to get there?"

She shook her head. "No, sorry."

"Great, guess its the hard way. I'd ask Apollo but he doesn't have a cell phone on him at the moment." Devin mumbled, as he went to the side to get his trade mark white coat and other things. "I got a job. I'll be out for a bit, hold the fort while I'm gone. It's this guy looking for his twin sister, but he doesn't want me to 'confront them' because they might be dangerous. But the thing is, they say they aren't a violent person, and you think, if I said I was under her brother so he could find her and had proof, there would be no issue."

"..That's strange." The half-devil admitted. "I don't like this."

"I'll be fine." Devin assured as he headed out. "See you later Veronica

Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2011, 3:30 am

As Devin headed out, there was someone following him and making it known, but not so much that it would be obvious.
Back to top Go down
Admin

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2011, 4:46 am

Devin continued walking, but suddenly had a feeling he was being followed. Most people would dismiss it, but since he had grown up on the streets a bit he had learned to trust his instinc.

So while looking normal as possible, he began to scan his sorrundings, seeing if anybody or anything stood out of place.
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2011, 3:41 pm

As he kept going, there were flickers of shadows that kept the darkness and Devin's peripheral vision. The man called Will was also sitting at a coffee shop, reading a news paper. He glances at Devin, but pays him no mind, as if he were just another stranger in passing.
Back to top Go down
Admin

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2011, 7:01 pm

Devin was irked a bit. Just who the hell was following him and why? He didn't have any enemies he could think of(that were actually, well alive) and nothing out of the ordinary happened this whole past year. He'd find out though, he just needed to drag them out and see who was following him and why.

That was when he spotted Will, but he just glanced at him and didn't say anything he found that somewhat odd. There was..something funny about this whole thing and he decided to follow that feeling. Besides, an excuse would be he didn't give him his card which was true.

"Hey, Will." He began. "I don't think I gave you my business card after you left in case you wanted to contact me first, did I?"
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2011, 9:47 pm

Will lowers his paper and looks at Devin. He doesn't say anything as he takes the angel's card, looks it over, then back to Devin "Do I know you?" he asks "And how do you know me?" he asks again "Did we go to highschool togeather?"
Back to top Go down
Admin

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2011, 9:56 pm

Devin was taken back. '..Ah shit. I should of known.' He shook his head and decided to have a seat. "We do, or at least I thought I did. Sorry if that doesn't make sense but I need to explain because there's something odd going on."

"See, 'you' or at least someone claiming to be you and looked exactly like you came to my place. Claiming they were looking for their sister, and the oddest thing they said was not to confront her, to just call them." Devin pulled out the phone number he was given. "That, and this werid phone number sort of set me off something was wrong. It was bugging the crap out of me, those two things mainly."

Devin shook his head. "I don't know what's going on, but considering there seems to be an impostor going on and one looking for your sister, I thought you deserved to know."
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2011, 10:55 pm

The man called Will looks at the number "That's my number." he says , then eyes Devin "And if I Were to hire someone to find Wendy, I would tell them Not to confront her, because she's, at times, emotionally unstable and prone to lash out." he explains "So you say I hired you to find my sister?" he asks "Lance!" he calls to the guy behind the counter "What's up, mister Galford?" the man called Lance asks "Have I gone anywhere in the last few hours?" Will asks "Nope. You've been here reading your paper, enjoying your coffee." Lance says. Will nods "Thanks, Lance." he says, not looking away from Devin "You see, I Couldn't have been the one you talked to. Because I've been here all day." he points out.
Back to top Go down
Admin

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2011, 10:59 pm

Devin shrugged, that wasn't even a question. If they couldn't put those two and two together they needed to live under a rock. "We'll, I figured. It doesn't make sense you'd forget about a guy you hired just five minutes ago. So like I said, there has to be someone impersonating you, just I'm not sure why. If someone knows your phone number and such, and can take your apperance, then not sure. You have any enemies or anything?"
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 30th 2011, 11:14 pm

The man called Will nods "Yeah. I've got many enemies, but none of them are in this town." he says "I would know if they were." he says as he stands, tossing a few dollars "But what you say warrents some investigating." he says, noding to Devin "Thank you for bringing this to my attention." he says as he starts off.
Back to top Go down
Admin

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2011, 1:05 am

Devin got up to leave and rubbed his temples briefly. This wasn't anything entirely new but still it was annoying he needed to figure out what was going on. More then that, he couldn't return back to his place until he learned if he was still being followed. The first thing was finding out who the hell was tailing him and why.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Last Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Maiden   The Last Maiden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Last Maiden
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The True Universe :: Earthrealm :: San Franciso-
Jump to: