The True Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The True Universe

This is a strange site that uses various sources like anime and game as it basis. Once you warm up to it, I'm sure you'll have fun.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Masquerade

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Namey
Admin
Namey

The Masquerade  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2012, 7:22 pm

As they get into the bus, Alister sits down, having 'folded' his wings away "This is how your governments would perfer my kind travel, while we're here." he says "Oh man. Who would have thought being the Arch Bishop would be so hard?" he asks "I'm still cleaning up after our former Arch Bishop....man, you should have seen it. The battle between him and the mighty Galford..." he says, somewhat dazed. He shakes it off "It was one that songs shall be sung about in my home lands. Anyway, tell me about this meeting of yours." he says.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2012, 7:41 pm

He had known Alister for some time, so it was a surprise hearing him talk like that when mentioning the Arch Bishop. Then again everyone had multiple sides to their personality, this may have been one he just hadn't seen yet.

Espen thought for a moment. "The meeting had various demon races in it. I was discussing a possible way forward from here on out. I know if the normal population accepts your kind and Zoanthropes eventually, then others would likely be accepted as well. Naomi suggested for any come forward to use their Actual race name instead of demon of some kind, or even angel. Though I suppose its still hiding, at the least its partly true and more then that if even a reveal happened people would know better."

He rubbed his temples a bit. "I just want people to know not all my kind are monsters, there's a lot of us just trying to get by. Though actually revealing someone is a 'demon' or even an angel of some kind would not bode well. Least for now. That aside, I do plan on stepping out of the lime light soon."

"However, not everyone is happy with Espen." Hiromi said. "..Though that's an given as there's people still angry about him helping with Zoanthrope rights and the like. That's where I came in."
Back to top Go down
https://thetrueuniverse.rpg-board.net
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 11th 2012, 8:07 pm

Alister listens in silence "I agree with Naomi. Going by one's givin name isn't hiding. It's calling one's self a 'demon' that's hiding." he says "If you limit yourself to a one name discritpion, then people start to miss the real race beneath the name, and when they miss that, then they miss the person who's race is called 'demon'." he explains "When I fiest came to this realm, I was thought of as an angel. I didn't know what that was at the time, but I came to realise that people with feathered wings are coinsidered angels." he shakes his head "I didn't like being called an angel. It ment that I was like every other race with feathered wings. It wasn't who I was and it took away from my races identity, but more then that, it took away from who I was." he says "I believe that's what Naomi is trying to say." he looks to one of his bodyguards and they nod "As for the other thing, I'll look into it." he assures.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2012, 9:34 am

Espen thought about what Alister said, then nodded. "You have a point."

"I thought that myself honestly." Hiromi says. "Because in addition to what you said, its also trying to vastly simplify something that isn't that simple. That aside, I am worried someone may do something stupid in regards to hunters. But that remains to be seen. It is, in fact, a problem. But going around picking fights isn't going to solve anything in the long term."
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 12th 2012, 6:59 pm

Alister nods "Maybe. I know change to my people wouldn't have come if there wasn't fighting involved." he says "I've noticed that there are two kinds of way to change, one is that you let others make your decisions for you on how They want you to change and the others is a forced change." he says "Sometimes it may involve violence, other times it may involve just standing up to those who wish to change you. It all depends on how badly you want to make change possible." he says as his bus pulls up to a fancy hotel "This is my stop." he says as he gets up "You both are welcome to join me inside and we can talk about more plesent matters, if you wish." he offers.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2012, 4:47 am

Espen thought about it a bit longer, then nodded. "I see no problems with it. Besides, it would be nice to catch with a old friend." Hiromi of course would go where ever Espen went but she was thinking a bit more about what Alister said, among other things. "Lead the way."
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 13th 2012, 10:31 pm

Alister motions for Espen and Hiromi to follow him. The hotel he was staying at was one of the finest in all of Japan, well, atleast in Tokyo. Since he was now a dignitary, he got all the privilages that went along with it. He wanted to make sure that he and his people got in a good relationship with the humans. He felt they had so much to teach eachother and he wanted to make sure his people didn't lose that chance. He gets to his suite "Well, here we are." he says as he walks in. He had one bodyguard and a maid in his room "Tamaki, these are my guests. They will be staying for a few hours." he says. The guard, who was a Mystic as well, nods "Haruhi, would you be a dear and get them anything they would like to drink?" he asks, The maid nods "As you wish, Lord Arch Bishop." she bows to him "I would also like a watch, if you woyld please." he says, smiling at her.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2012, 3:03 am

Espen came inside the room, taking note of things. It was pretty nice but it was to be expected given Alister's new status and role in things. Alister was more then capable of taking care of himself, still it was best not to take chances so he understood the guard being there.

"Just some water would be fine." Espen said politely, and Hiromi cited the same as well getting more comfortable. Here, she felt she didn't have to be on guard As much to protect Espen but instincts and training died hard.

"This is fascinating." Hiromi said earnestly. "I assume your culture has very different titles for people of different positions?" The Arch Bishop of course being one of them.

Still, she had other things to think about. In regards to what Naomi said earlier, one slight problem is her race didn't have a full name. That was, Dog Demon was just about it, unlike Espen's and others. She'd have to think about that and maybe talk to Lord Sesshomaru about it. He had a lot influence with her people after all. Either way, she'd think of something. She was usually good at that.
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2012, 3:55 am

Haruhi bows slightly "As you wish, honored guests." she says and walks off. Alister nods "Yes. We have names that are different from some of the ones you use here, for your dignitaries, but at the sametime, they seem to mean the samething." he says "Like we also have a Grand Cleric, Dukes and Knights." he says, thinking "I guess..." he starts slowly "It's because the Mighty Galford....used this world....as reference for mine...." he says in a low and slow tone as Haruhi comes back with three waters "And here you are." she says, smiling at the three "Will there be anything else?" she asks. Anister shakes his head "No. Thank you, Haruhi. You may take your leave of us if you wish." he says, reaching for his water. The maid bows "Very well, my Lord Arch Bishop." she says, then bows to the others and leaves the common room. Alister watcher her leave "She's one of my people as well." he says "However, for some strange reason, she wishes to be a normal human." he says in a suprisingly seirious tone.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2012, 4:06 am

Hiromi thought about that. That was something she had heard about. Some people really didn't like that they were, for whatever reason. Some simply saw what they were as a burden, but there was countless reasons for that.

"Odd. But not unheard of. Perhaps she doesn't like what she is?" Hiromi suggested. "That has happened before. .Or it could be something else entirely, its not as if I know them."

Espen reached for his water, but he didn't comment he wasn't sure what to really say on it. "I have no desire to be anything but what I am. But..there are those who wish to be more 'normal'. For a number of reasons."
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2012, 11:40 pm

Alister frowns "But why?" he asks, seemingly no one "The Mighty Galford made up to be perfect. Why would she want to give that up to be a...human?" he shakes his head "I can't imagin how that would be possible. Only the All Powerful Galford can turn her into a human and even I don't know how to find him." he says, shaking his head "Anyway, the next time you plan on holding one of those meetings, if it's not asking too much, I would like to attend as well." he says.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 14th 2012, 11:57 pm

Hiromi was a bit confused about this 'Mighty Galford' and such but if she had to guess it seemed like it was part of their religion. If there was one thing she had learned is that even very intelligent people, when it came to their beliefs, could be blind. She sincerely doubted the Mystics or their god or anything else were perfect but saying that, and questioning their beliefs just caused most people to get more stubborn in them. So she left it alone.

'Seems they aren't as perfect if somebody wants to turn themselves into a human though I wonder why.'

Espen listened to the last bit, not commenting on the former. "If I have another one I will let you know, I promise. How long are you planning on being in the Earth Realm?"
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2012, 12:16 am

Alister nods "I plan on being here for a week or so." he says "I'm to meet with the leaders of the world, to talk about opening a dailogue between our people and possibilly opening a trade agreement." he says "And maybe open out boarders to them. Though this is not without some concerns. We still have Lord Amadeus Mortrum as well as Trisha Winters and the others Outcasts." he explains "They are a real threat, however, Lord Amadeus is the biggest threat of our world." he looks at the two of them "You had never met evil, darkness and madness, until you you've encountered him." he cautions "Hopefully you'll never have a run in with him."
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2012, 12:38 am

Hiromi had encountered her share of very evil and sick individuals in her hundred plus years of living. But there was one thing that remained constant despite all the evil demons, supernatural and other non humans around.

The most evil and terrifying acts she had witnessed had been from humans.

"I see. These 'Outcast' is that basically another word for criminals or those wanted by the law?"
She asked.
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2012, 1:33 am

Alister nods "Yes. That would describe them very well." he says "I will talk with some of the others back home, and see if I can arrange a visit for you two." he says "So, how did the movement for the Zoanthropes go?" he asks. Having been in his own dimension for over a year, he didn't see how the Zoanthrope talks had been concluded.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2012, 1:39 am

"It went as well as it could. Zoanthrope rights were granted, but at the cost of a life." Espen said shaking his head. "One of the Zoanthropes pushed an important person out the way and literally took the bullet and as a result, the world leaders decided to give them full rights. It..got to Arlin though. We sort of drifted apart from each other after that though I tried to help her the best I could, I haven't seen her in a long time after.."
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2012, 2:29 am

Alister frowns "That's...unfortunate. The loss of even one life for the cost of freedom. It is, indeed, a high price to pay. But atleast their death won't go uncelebrated. The Zoanthropes of the world owe them a great debt." he says in a low tone "I shall see what I can do to get any information on Arlin. It's strange that she let this get to her as much as it sounds." he mumbles, then shakes head "On a different node, I had recived a strange invitation from a man named 'King Ganondorf Dragmire', does this man mean anything to either of you?" he asks.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2012, 2:37 am

Hiromi frowns a bit. "...That name seems oddly familar somehow, but no."

Espen shook his head. "No, I haven't heard of that name. What did you get invited too?" Since Alister was more or less the 'president' 'king' or whatever you liked to call it of his people, then him getting invited to high profile things.
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2012, 2:50 am

Alister shakes his head "All it said was that it was an invitation to talk about the chance of a lifetime." he says "i wonder if he ment his lifetime or mine..." he mumbles "But nothing more to go on then that, I'm not too inclined to accept such a...vague request." he says "So I'm thinking of sending some of my guards to investigate." he says, thinking "However, I don't wish to offend King Dragmire and sending guards, armed or not, might send the wrong impression." he looks over to Espen "Would you, prehapes, help me with this matter?" he asks.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2012, 3:11 am

Espen was silent for a moment "I wouldn't mind helping, so what exactly would you want me to do? I don't even know where this king lives. And if I go with this, when should I be leaving?" He still some other loose ends to catch up with here either way, such as meeting Naomi back in New York and the other business he had over there.
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2012, 3:40 am

Alister shakes his head "There wasn't a set deadline so I'm guessing when you have the chance to get around to it." he says, pulling out the card and handing it to Espen "It gives a location. I had it looked up, it was someplace in the tropics. I guess King Dragmire likes to live a high profile life." he says "It also doesn't say anything about weapons or body guards." he says as he flips the card over "On the back, it says to give this card to any airport and they'll take care of the rest, which implies this Ganodorf Dragmire is a well connected King." he says in a low tone.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 15th 2012, 4:41 am

Espen looked the card over and put it away. "I see. If he's well connected I wonder why I haven't heard of him until now. Anyway, I have a few things to take care of and once they're done I'll see about going there."

Hiromi doubted it was some sort of trap,if there was no restrictions to guards and body guards. Then again it could just be that. But she didn't want to be overly protective and paranoid about things. It was just the vague request from a well connected King felt odd.
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2012, 3:50 am

Alister nods "I'm guessing it's Because he's so well connected that you never heard of him." he says, knowing the power people with influence had over others. Alister looks over to the door "Send him in." he calls as the door opens and another Mystic comes in. He bows to Alister and the new Arch Bishop frowns "I understand." he says "In the future, please inform everyone to reframe from using Mind Speak infront of non Mystic guests." he says as the man bows again "As you wish, Lord Arch Bishop." he says "You may take your leave now." Alister says as the other Mystic leaves. Alister sighs "As I had feared, duty becons." he says to Espen "I'm afraid I must cut our reunion short." he says, frowning "I shall make this up to you in the future." he says, standing.
Back to top Go down
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2012, 6:00 pm

Espen stood up as did Hiromi. "It's all right, I know business and duty comes first. It was nice meeting you again though." It was probably about time for him to finish up here and leave as is anyway, so this was a cue as any.

"Which part of Tokyo are we in?" Hiromi asked, wanting a quick reminder. That way she would know how far they needed to go to meet back with the others, or if it would be wiser to go somewhere and wait a bit until they came. She was confident she could protect Espen but no matter how strong or skilled somebody was, she was only one person. She couldn't be everywhere at once.
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 17th 2012, 5:08 am

Alister nods to his friend "I do apologise for cutting this short. If you like, I shall ask one of my guards to accompany you to where ever you need to go." he offers "I have a feeling that I'm not the only one with powerful enemies in high places, these days." he comments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Masquerade    The Masquerade  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Masquerade
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The True Universe :: Earthrealm :: Tokyo-
Jump to: