The True Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The True Universe

This is a strange site that uses various sources like anime and game as it basis. Once you warm up to it, I'm sure you'll have fun.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It's All Relative

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2011, 9:29 am

It wasn't often things were this peaceful this long so Joseph would savor the moment while it lasted. After things resolved itself as far as Teala's challenge, there hadn't been much of anything. Oddly, he hadn't heard a peep from Cooler so perhaps something had happened to him but he just didn't know. Eventually, weeks turns to months, and those months turned into a year. He and Kate had been staying on Vegeta for a year, yet it didn't feel like it.

There was still a lot of things he didn't know, but he was at least on his way as far as things here went.

He hadn't heard much from his friends either, but he guessed they were busy with their own lives and things, which was fine since he was the same way. At the moment, he was in the library. Usually he came here to do research on Vegeta, more along the lines of its culture and history. Joseph always had been interested in that sort of thing, but today was different.

Joseph wanted to know the cultural differences, if any, in regards to asking for someone's hand. During his time here and getting to know Teala more and more made him feel this was the right decision. More then that he wanted to. If there was a woman he wanted to settle down with and have a family with, she was it. There were still a few lingering things to think about.

The first was he loathed politics. Despised them. But if he got involved with her this way, there was no denying the fact he'd have to deal with them. Part of him also worried about Teala. It wasn't as if anyone here could physically harm her, but no doubt some would be unhappy about things. Teala was too sensitive for her own good at times, which made him more protective of her. Joseph liked to think he won some people over during his time here, but he wasn't naive enough to think things like that just smoothed over that fast.

"Uncle Joey, you okay?"

Joseph's musing were cut short, Kate looking at him as he had the book open, but not really reading it. He smiled. "Yeah, just thinking. Don't grow old Kate, not all its cracked up to be." He decided after this he'd talk to Elder Lee. If he truly was Teala's grandfather, he'd have to see about getting his blessing. Lee seemed to like him well enough, but they would have to see.

'That and not having a lot of money kind of put a damp on things.'
Back to top Go down
https://thetrueuniverse.rpg-board.net
Namey
Admin
Namey

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 21st 2011, 11:53 pm

As it turned out, it was Key who came walking into the library. She didn't seem to have any care to read books, she just wanted to be close to Kate. She had been doing that alot lately and not even realising it. Teala had taken a notice of it as well, so did Cotto and Lee. Teala knew why she felt the need to spend time with Kate, because she blamed herself for her little sister dying without feeling loved. Which wasn't Exactly true. Teala Knew that Key loved her sister and she was, even now, expressing that love by trying to spend as much time with Kate, who reminded Key so much like her sister, as she could.
Back to top Go down
Admin

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2011, 1:32 am

Kate picked up on Kay's energy and smiled. "Kay!" She hopped from her seat and then moved to where the older girl was to go greet her. Joseph was more then a bit amused by this.

"Afternoon. Funny, I was just going to ask if she wanted to visit you."
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2011, 7:15 pm

Key looks over to Joseph and Kate "I have no objections to spending time with Kate." she says in an even tone as she walks over to the others. "The queen has been asking for you when you have some free time. Key says.
Back to top Go down
Admin

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2011, 8:13 pm

Joseph nodded to that, standing up from his seat. "I'm not doing much of anything right now so I'll go." He put the books back for the moment, he hadn't learned Too much as he wanted, so best just to ask Lee if there was anything notably culturally different about asking someone to marry you. "I'll see you later Kate."

Kate didn't have problems with this, far as Joseph could tell the two had formed a bond of sorts. Joseph just wondered what Teala wanted to see him about, or if she wanted his company, either or he didn't have a problem with of course.
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2011, 9:48 pm

Key nods. She knew Joseph knew she would protect Kate. There were Still many saiyans who didn't like the fact that he was spending so much time with their Queen. And after she had won that little challenge, the counsole had backed off for a bit, however, Lee had heard them talking about getting into contact with a Very powerful saiyan warrior and that when they get here, they will challenge Teala for the crown once and for all. Teala knew this and she didn't seem worried. With both Will and Joseph's help, she feels that she had become more powerful then any saiyan out there. Even still, she didn't let these new found skills go to her head. She still wanted to find a peaceful way to settle this before a conflict broke out.
Back to top Go down
Admin

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 22nd 2011, 10:17 pm

Joseph locked onto Teala's ki energy to find her and sure enough, she knew how to hide it now but unless she had reason too she didn't hide it completely.
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2011, 1:32 am

Teala didn't have any reason to hide her energy, not on her home planet that is. Besides, any scouter would be able to find her. Seeing as how her D.N.A. was programed into them along time ago. Teala was in her study, looking over somethings. Mainly the documents about the saiyans who were sent to different planets. She sees Joseph and stands, smiling "Hello Joseph." she says "I would like to talk with you about somethings, if you have the time." she says.
Back to top Go down
Admin

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2011, 1:42 am

Joseph felt a sense of pride at seeing Teala hard at work in her study. She might of had her own doubts about things at times, but he was fully confident she had what it took to lead. It made him proud of her how much she was growing, and not just as far as actually getting stronger.

"No, not at all." Joseph said with a smile. "I'm not doing anything." Besides that, he always made it a point to make time 'for his girls'. That is, Kate and Teala.
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2011, 2:11 am

Teala was still smiling as she breaths a sigh of relief "That's good." she says as she walks over to Joseph with a list "I was wondering if I could ask a favor of you." she says "Would you be willing to get intouch with your people and ask if they could send someone, on behalf of the saiyan government, to these planets and see what's become of them?" she asks "It's a list of the planets that my people had sent saiyan babies to. Ranging from twenty years to five years ago." she mumbles "They're listed in order of years out." she says in a low tone. This was still a sour subject with her and it was only a month ago that she got the list of planets that saiyan babies were sent to.
Back to top Go down
Admin

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2011, 2:21 am

"I could try asking around about it, just would need the list of planets and such. Then after that I could see about getting something going." Joseph wasn't a politician or anything but there Were was something in being the strongest known member of your kind. Luckily he had those phones Jason had given them, it was the only way he could get into contact with them. He wished he got a chance to learn the advanced instant transmission from Will. "Anything else?"
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2011, 2:28 am

Teala nods. She was slightly confused, because she had Just givin Joseph a list of the planets, the name of the children and the time frame they were sent off. She shakes her head "No. But thank you for this. It means alot to me." she says to him with sincearity "I owe you one." she smiles at him. He didn't seem the type to 'collect' on such debts, but you never could tell.
Back to top Go down
Admin

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2011, 2:31 am

Joseph shook his head a bit. "No its fine, you don't owe me anything. The way I look at it I'm helping other people, and I'm helping someone I care about. So this aside what have you been up to as of late?"
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2011, 2:54 am

Teala blushed lightly at Joseph's words "O-oh...Nothing. Just trying to influence my people to see that fighting and destruction isn't always the way of things." she says "That kindness and tolerance is a better way to gain the admeraition of others." she says "S-still...it's not easy to change what has been engrained into the fiber of every saiyan for thousands of years, in just two short years." she chuckles lightly.
Back to top Go down
Admin

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2011, 4:24 am

Joseph liked making Teala blush, she was cute like that. "But you're already making progress, just things like these take a lot of time and a lot of work. I'm not sure what all I can do, but you already know I'll do whatever is in my power to help you out with what I can."
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 23rd 2011, 8:40 pm

Teala nods "Thank you, Joseph." she says "If it weren't for yours and Kate's support, I honestly doubt that I could have lasted as long as I have, being queen to a people like us saiyans." she mumbles. Then smiles once more "I have to be going off planet for a bit, I need to negotiate with some planets that have been ravaged by my kind. See if I can't talk them into letting us help rebuild." she says, sighing "I doubt they'll want anything more to do with 'the savage saiyan race', but there's always hope." she says.
Back to top Go down
Admin

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 24th 2011, 3:08 am

Joseph knew Teala was more then capable of taking care of herself, still he did worry at times about her. "Leaving off planet? When do you plan on leaving?"
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 24th 2011, 7:40 pm

Teala shakes her head "I'm not really sure. But Cotto would like to leave within a week. If not sooner." she says "I sincearly hope I can repare the damage my people had caused." she says softly "I don't like people thinking of saiyans as bloodthirsty monsters that only care about viloence, destruction and death." she says. Shaking her head, she starts off, needing to strech her legs "I have to go and see about somemore, uhhh..., would-be suitors..." she mumbles. The laws of her people say she has to have a spouse and be able to bare a healthy heir. Once word got out (Teala suspects the counsole of Elders), every would-be warrior and muscel-bound boy came out asking for her hand and by the laws of their people, the King or Queen's spouse needs to be of substantual power and strength as well. Helps breed a stronger saiyan warrior, is the thought on this matter.
Back to top Go down
Admin

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2011, 4:56 am

Joseph paused mentally. Cotto and Teala. Alone. Off some other planet to try to make amends. He wasn't..too crazy about that if that was the case of what was going on. Still, they had been dating and if you didn't have trust you didn't have anything so he was going to trust her but it didn't mean he had to like it. However, logically, someone needed to watch after Teala. Just because she was as strong as she was didn't mean there were other means which to get to her(such as the posion thing). In addition to that, if they Both left, then Vegeta would be in trouble if someone really strong came along.

Then of course came to the would be suitors. He had to strangle his Alusarian side to shut up, since to it, the suitors were 'trying to take what was theirs'.

'Thousands of years later, and our animal instincts are still a pain in the ass. At least they mostly only act up during things like these.'

"More suitors huh?"
Joseph said, thinking. He'd have to make things more final sooner then expected in that case. Part of him wanted to see who these assholes that were lined up this time(okay, maybe they weren't all assholes but jealously clouded things) It was mostly out of a morbid curiosity to see who they were but he decided against it. He needed to talk to Lee, and get this thing about Sayain children taken care of.

"I'm going to get that project done right now, and talk to Lee about something." Joseph spoke, then added. "Unless you want me to be there with you this time." Part of him did but he didn't want to smother her, so he gave her space as needed like everyone did.
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2011, 9:05 pm

Teala shakes her head "Oh. No, no. I don't wish to keep you from your business." she says "We can always talk later." she offers "I have to go and check on the ship, see if it's going to be ready to launch in time." she says, then stops "Maybe when you're finished with your buiness, you can come and check on the ship, see what needs what on it?" she asks. She assumed that since Joseph's from a space faring race, that he would know about space ships.
Back to top Go down
Admin

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2011, 10:01 pm

Joseph thought about it, and nodded. "All right. I'm hardly a ship expert but I'll see about it when I get back. I'll see you later Teala." He needed to talk to Lee, then after that see about Teala's task. Maybe even talk briefly to his friends to check up on them, since it had been a bit though he did try to keep into contact.

Finding Lee shouldn't be too hard, he wasn't the strongest Sayain but he wasn't a push over so his Ki stood out. That and he was familiar with it.
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2011, 10:45 pm

"Actually, Lee is stronger then he lets people know." says the voice of Jason "He is, infact, a super saiyan. He became one sometime ago, and Teala's mother was born with the potental to become powerful super saiyan as wel. Maybe even something greaterl, she just needed to unlock that potental." he explains "And then, it was passed down to Teala, all the time building in strength and then Teala's child will have that power." he says "Though, if you want to talk to Lee, you had better hurry. He's planning on leaving soon. He's getting too old and wants to die a warrior's death, which is where he's heading off to." he points out.
Back to top Go down
Admin

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2011, 10:58 pm

Despite all the things Joseph had went through and his experience, he wasn't infallible which is why he was slightly startled when Jason appeared out of nowhere like he did.

"Jason, what are you doing all the way here?" Then he shook his head, the last part about Lee sinking it and he cursed mentally. "Never mind it can wait a moment, then we can talk." He focused on finding Lee's Ki energy signature quicker then once he picked it up, he'd go to the general area via Instant Transmission.
Back to top Go down
Namey
Admin
Namey

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2011, 11:15 pm

Indeed, there was Lee. He was in his battle armor and everything, heading to the launch pad when Joseph appeard "Whoa. Joseph. You can go popping up on an old man like that." he chuckles "What can I do for you today?" he asks, then looks down at his armor "Ah. I guess this warrents an explaination." he says "Come on into the hanger with me." he waves for Joseph to follow.
Back to top Go down
Admin

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitimeDecember 25th 2011, 11:25 pm

If Jason hadn't showed up, he would of probably missed Lee for sure. "Sorry about that. Yeah, I wanted to talk to you about something important in regards to Teala and your peoples way. As for the armor, I'll let you explain." Joseph went to follow after Lee. He already knew thanks to Jason, but it was best to go on as if he didn't. It didn't take a genius to figure out he was heading for a fight, but the part about dying a warriors death was far too specific.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's All Relative Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's All Relative   It's All Relative Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's All Relative
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The True Universe :: Earthrealm :: Elsewhere-
Jump to: